Saturday, January 31, 2015

Bed, Desk, Trashcan…Learn the Difference

For all men suffering from “bed dysfunction” I apologize for being insensitive.  But pay attention gentlemen this is for you:  the bed is NOT a place to dump mail you haven’t sorted in three months, old magazines, six remote controls (none of which even work the TV in the bedroom), pens that don’t work, or your collection of directions to every piece of techno crap you ever bought and never read.

These items, along with the five boxes of checks from accounts you closed ten years ago belong on your desk.  I am not even dreaming you would consider using the trashcan.

In our previous house George's desk was in the guest bedroom.  I came to the conclusion he believed the bed was really a large, soft trashcan.  Once a month I cleaned it off, put all the contents in a bag, labeled it and put it on a shelf in the garage for him to sort at his leisure.  Two years later the garage was full, and I realized he was sooooooo busy he had no “leisure” time to throw this stuff out.  Being the kind and generous wife I am, I decided to help him and to the dump it went.  Very next day, he had a panic attack that I might have thrown out a piece of wire he might need in 10 years.  (No exaggeration…we have packed up and moved SIX times a tangled mess of 10-guage underground wire George might need some day.)

So, for ladies suffering similar “bed” problems with your men, I offer this solution.  Use his space as your vanity.  Make his workbench the perfect place to store that case of tampons from Costco, shaving cream, make-up, and bubble bath...and for you laden-with-wisdom ladies his desk is a great place to put your box of Depends Undergarments. 

I love when there is an easy solution to difficult problems.



No comments:

Post a Comment