Thursday, January 22, 2015

It Rhymes With Pie

All I wanted was a driver's license with my new name on it.  It really wasn't that much to ask, however I almost didn't get it because I refused to acknowledge my new name was, Mack Kay. You might as well know right from the start I am stubborn about a lot of things. One of those being, when I tell you how to pronounce my name, I expect you to at least try and say it correctly.  But, this dude was having none of it.

Me: The name change is Mackay.

DMV: You are changing your name to Mack Kay?

Me: No, I simply am changing my last name to my new husband's last name which is Mackay.

DMV: I don't understand why you want to put his first name on your drivers license Mrs. Kay.

Me: It's not Kay. It's Mackay.  It rhymes with pie.

20 minutes later, even with all the written documentation I gave them. My new driver's liscense listed my name as Lyn MacPie.