Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Entitled arrogance makes me want to kick your ass into a vat of hot mustard!

I attended our local Father’s Day outdoor concert and was blown away by the hordes of ass-munch, rules-don’t-apply-to-me people.

The organizers had barricaded a six-foot section of grass between vendors because of the huge electrical wires crossing the grass to reach vendors. Please note the word BARRICADE. It was here to protect you from tripping over wires.

I watched not just a few, but hundreds and hundreds of people go through the barricade.

I saw people trip and hit the ground.

I watched one fifty-something lady wind-up her foot, with a nasty look on her face and kick the barricade over so she could indignantly stomp through, obviously how dare anything be in the way of this arrogant, entitled, bitch.

One millennial stopped and stared at the barricade. I told her the walk-path was just six feet to her left. She harrumphed at me and I shit you not said, “Well, that would be out of my way.”

I was with a millennial who told me after watching these idiots, “My generation is a bunch of arrogant dicks. This country is doomed.” (My generation is the parents of these arrogant dicks and we are also to blame for the me, me, me attitude that raised them.)

This young man said he was going to move home on his family land, build a tiny off-grid cabin, grow, sell, barter, and live quietly around people who are considerate of others. I thought we’d done that when we moved here to a town of only 6000. Problem was our beautiful mountains and streams brought the entitled pricks and their supremacy-over-all attitudes.

When the overwhelming majority of the 322 million people in the US believe they are entitled…be this rich arrogance or those who want a lifetime of something without working for it…we have written our death warrant as a country.

I recently held a door for an older woman and it literally brought her to tears. It was the first time someone she didn’t know had shown her any help in years. YEARS! I say to my tiny community, you suck! You think attending or volunteering at benefits makes you wonderful, kind and generous, while you walk by this old woman who just needed a door held for her.

If you can’t be seen spreading your dough…you’re out of the show!

If there isn’t a stage…you’re off the page.

You’re not going to help…if social media doesn’t Yelp.

Believe what I spew…or we’ll reeducate you until you do.

Everything’s about me…or you’ll regret you don’t agree.


Maybe the naysayers and sci-fi writers are right about the “it’s out of my way” attitude many people live by…It’s going to take a total breakup, grid down, nuclear explosion, catastrophic war on our soil, taken over by aliens, any event that leads to the total collapse of US before we eventually change the horrific way we treat each other.  Because obviously, no one learns from history.

No comments:

Post a Comment